Thursday, March 3, 2011

Unstructured, stupid thoughts of a dumb person on the manifestation of happiness.

Upon my walk home from school today, I  found a way passing the time doing what I normally do on long walks that I take, I think upon a specific topic that I prior to the walk home set away to think about and contemplate further, such could be interpreted as a think I enjoy and find pleasure in. My original thoughts while walking home, while nearly getting hit by a rather husky fellow in a grey SUV, is that there is two main and completely obvious points in time when you coast through whatever you are doing, time seeming to hang heavy, but when complete you feel a sense of loss and waste of time, with things to show for it you don't really feel the effects of or really have no interest in. Then there are the times when you feel  either ecstatic, or are at least interested in some way. While it may not feel of words so strong as "pleasure" or "joy". From my past experiences, I feel that these are them moments that stick with me, and I remember them as points in time that interest me, or have benefited me in some way.
Now these two points in time are simply not divided by a straight black-then-white area. There is a spectrum, if you will, varying between the good and bad(dare I say dark, and light?). Now this inner spectrum is a world of it's own, with peoples feelings running the chance being different from the actual kind of experience they are believing they are experiencing, this could potentially tie in with addiction, and often does.

Understanding the seemingly endless varies of the theoretical spectrum separating primal feelings of joy and sorrow is trying to understand the inner workings of the human psyche itself, varying largely in detail and potentially basic ideas and reactions that separate any life with a minor/major difference.
What can be seen in the spectrum is a varying degree of interest from one human to another, this is what makes humans so diverse, and with human diversity, comes a diversity in finding what pleases and what disinterests different people. History shows, from where there is a source of interest for a particular group, therein could lie power to those stoic and opportunistic enough grab for it. Prime examples are obviously government, religion, crime, knowledge, warfare, and varying public interests, am I missing any? Maybe. Oh well.
Anyway:

Oh! I WAS missing one, and it was one of my founding points! Addiction, let's take a look at that, shall we? And marvel at the power to bind one no matter what race,  creed, or background. One feeling I myself have experienced forthright with video games, and it is one I still possess. While I hope my own need for spending endless waking hours in front of a screen, making a squalid representation of myself as a person go about and cavort with other people around the world with what may be the same problem is passing, with help from some persuasion from close friends, it really gets in the way and hinders me greatly. This is the nature of addiction, gets in your head, makes you think you need it when it's ruining you, and spits you back out for you to look back and realize all the wasted time you...err...wasted.
This is an anomaly in the spectrum, a feeling that gives one notion while having a completely different effect. Such anomalies are common and can represent themselves in a variety of damning ways that give you joyous feeling while driving you to sorrow down the road. To name a short list would look like rage, desire, and pride.

More to be written when I am in the mood.
Until now, Post 1 complete.
Comments
I want to see how stupid people think this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment